Friday, December 16, 2016

Quilled Lord Jagannath

Hello Friends,
Today I am very happy sharing my DT project for Indian Quilling Challenge. This month the theme is "Favorite Technique".

I have a lot of favorite technique in Quilling. I love 3D, I love beehive, comb technique and tight quilling. But my most favorite is "Line Quilling". In this technique u can make most intricate designs. It looks so beautiful. When this theme came up, I was very sure to make something on this as I have not made many projects using this technique.

Though this looks very beautiful, It takes a lot of time and requires patience to align this small papers on ur desired designs. If u r new to this technique, do try with 10mm strips. These are bigger in width and are easy to handle as compared to 5mm or 3mm. But as I'll frame this particular one for my wall, I used 3mm strips here.

I hand drawn the picture that I wanted to quill. It was my long time wish to quill Lord Jagannath. Jagannath temple, which is one of the "Chaar Dhaam"is in the holy town Puri which is situated in "Odisha", the eastern state of India. So take a look...

Coming on to the project, First I made the face of the Lord which is circular. Then I tried to add the conch, the lotus and the Sudarshan Chakra around his face. Jagannth ji has big circular eyes that i have made here. For the face I used black, white and red paint to make the base on paper and then using 3mm quilling strips I made the outline and all the other designs here.
Lord Jagannath holds Sudarshan Chakra and Conch in both his hands and wears a lotus shaped crown on his head. As I was only making his face, I added all the symbols around him. Made 3 little snow flakes to decorate the surface. This is a wall frame and will be hanging on my wall shortly.





I tried a bit of embossing here. You can see the clear embossing under the 3 snow flakes. 
That's all for today.
If you like my work leave some love in the comments below.
Hugs,


2 comments:

jamesharry521 said...

This blog settled every one of my questions I had in my psyche. Truly accommodating and steady topic written in every one of the focuses. Elusive such sort of sites as distinct and responsible to your questions. arizer solo 2

Prabuh Ji said...

Thanks a Lot to inspire me!!! Im making a Jhaganath murty!!! Thanks a Lot!!!!